This ethical chart was written in 2005, on the occasion of the 50th anniversary of the RBSPS. The public authorities were hereby interpellated in order to arouse their awareness to the need to design a statutory basis for the medical aesthetics in Belgium.
The members of the Royal Belgian Society for Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgery hereby undertake :
- to practise their profession according to the ethics of Hippocrates;
- to continuously improve on their knowledge for the welfare of their patients;
- to always provide quality care with respect for man;
- to clearly inform their patients about the advantages, disadvantages, risks and limitations of the intended interventions;
- to refrain from advertising for themselves;
- to protect their patients against inadequate treatments by incompetent physicians who are disregardful of ethics.