The patient’s co-operation is of the most importance to ensure optimal results both during the pre-operative as during the post-operative period. Generally the following is requested :
1. No smoking eight days prior to and following the procedure.
2. If required, a blood sample must be taken, in particular to establish any coagulation problems.
3. No sun-exposure or use of sun beds after the procedure.
4. No exposure to heat-sources which may influence any post-operative swelling.
5. Avoid taking anti-coagulants and in particular aspirin or its derivatives.
6. Observe the minimal recovery period which depends on the procedure.
7. Adhere to the surgeon’s recommendations.
8. Attend the post-operative consultations even if the evolution of the procedure proves to be successful and see your specialist as soon as problems arise.