There are two types of skin lesions: benign and malignant lesions.
In general :
Several types of lesions can occur on the epidermis. On the epidermis (naevi, keratoses,...) or subcutaneously (cysts, lipoma,...)
They can occur in all age groups and are not cancerous. They may however cause problems: they can be painful, annoying and unaesthetic.
Post-operative consultations :
- 7 to 10 days: removal of stitches
- 1,2,3 months: assessment of scar
- 6 months to 1 year: final result
Malignant tumour surgery has two objectives :
- complete removal of the tumour to ensure a cure
- reconstruction (plasty) to obtain an as aesthetic as possible result